Monday 25 June 2012

Just a flash of midriff

Hi everyone! I know I've mentioned in the past how much I adore winter fashion but lately I have been craving a heat wave. What's making me crave Summer? Could it be Melbourne's recent freezing cold temperatures? Or maybe it's the inspiration I get after viewing the 2012 Spring/Summer collections from the northern hemisphere. As such I thought I'd brave the cold and share with you one of the key trends to come off the 2012 Spring runway's, the exposed midriff. Miu Miu, Dolce & Gabbana, Nina Ricci and Prada are just some of the designers that have been showcasing the midriff in a very sexy yet subtle way. I have shared some of these looks at the bottom of this post.

When taking on this trend the idea is to expose a tasteful flash of midriff whilst keeping the belly button under wraps. I think the midriff trend is best matched under a blazer/jacket. 

I have styled two 'midriff' looks below.  The looks incorporate a romper suit that I reconstructed into two pieces; a top and shorts. I know these looks are not the perfect inspiration during winter but for those of you who are travelling overseas and for my lucky international followers, maybe you can have a bit of fun with this new trend.
MIDRIFF LOOK 1






MIDRIFF LOOK 2 







Images courtesy of Style.com




1 comment:

  1. loved the bare midriff outfits. Didnt expose too much flesh which adds to the sophistication of the outfits. colour combination is great.love the red shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox